What to do what to do….. That is the question. Following the poor summer we had (it didn’t happen) and the monumental veg cop failure I had last year, which I put down to the bad weather and lack of time to tend it. I am wondering what to do this coming year. Do I plant more vegetables or give up as a lost cause. That’s my dilemma
I have several options open to me
1. Do I keep the veg plot in the garden the same and just fertilize well cross my fingers and hope the summer is better and we have no disasters that stop me from tending it.( although the latter is out of my control)
2. Extend the veg plot into the flower beds and plant veg among the flowers (very appealing idea)
3. Dig up half the lawn and make a new veg plot. (Lots of large tree roots to be removed under the lawn but doable).
4. Put my name down for an allotment. (An idea I love but Mr. B is not so keen we’re not getting any younger).
5. Give up growing veg and grow flowers instead.
So… What’s your advice? What would you do?
Last year I used chicken manure on the veg garden. What do you use? Has anyone tried seaweed?
My garden is not huge by any means just a regular small town garden. Lawn Veg garden flower beds patio but it’s my heaven. Ah… so you want to see what it looks like well you have seen the veg garden just look up to the top of the page that’s it scroll up can you see the pigeon sitting in the middle of the beans.
Looking at the garden from the patio
Part of the long border
The Veg plot is made up of three raised beds 8feet x 4 feet
Looking at the veg plot from the long border